With its new strategy Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström wants to address the new challenges EU trade policy is facing. The strategy reflects changes in global trading patterns but also the growing interest and scepticism among the general public in global trade. One of the overarching objectives of the strategy is to ensure that trade benefits all parts of society and takes account of issues such as transparency, labour rights and sustainability. The strategy is mainly a continuation of existing policies but with a new emphasis on social values. In this snapshot we are looking into some of the key elements of the strategy and discuss what this means for the EU trade policy moving forward.
- TMT E-Commerce Sector Inquiry
- Features Greek elections: anger overcame fear, but is there hope?
- Public Affairs Another Danish Political Thriller?
- Corporate Reputation Effective Crisis Communications During Restructuring – The Belgian Example
- TMT Rules of Engagement – European Commission Publishes Its Long Awaited Telecom Reform Package